October 2, 2021

She’s here!

June 5, 2020
 
She is here!
She is tiny!
She is perfect!
 She is beautiful!
 
Kit Larsen Ellsworth
6 pounds 11 oz
 
Her cheeks are round and delicious.


 
She has little baby hairs







 
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 Getting wheeled away to go have a baby is quite the ride.
I was excited and nervous.
I have been in several Operating Rooms but never to have a baby.
I got my epidural and waited for Romney to join me.
We all chatted and were ready, I asked where Romney was.
Good thing I said something, they were ready to start without him!!
My arms were strapped and I was dizzy; the medication had kicked in.
The doctor said if I promised not to use my hands he'd loosen them up.
I ended up scratching my nose thee entire time.
 
 
I felt my body getting jostled around a bit but had no feeling.
I felt some pressure but couldn't feel it.
I heard the doctor say to Romney "you ready for a baby?"  
I was in and out of dizzy/trying to not fall asleep from the meds and I heard her cry.
It felt so far away but I heard it.
They held her over the curtain and then I began to cry.
She was here.
We did it.
She and I had already had a long day.
But she made it here, safe and sound.
The team took her away to make sure she was okay to ensure this high risk pregnancy and delivery was just protocol.
I was getting stitched up and made a weird comment about my pregnant belly being gone and was wheeled out to my Post Op room.
I wanted to meet my baby, I wanted to hold her.
and FINALLY I got her in my arms.
She was perfect and worth it all.
It was love at first site.
Welcome to our family baby girl.

 Happy Birthday Kit.

No comments: