January 13, 2018

Boston comes to California

 The week before school started (back in August)
 my sister and her family came to stay with us for a week.
I loved EVERY second of their visit.
I just adore my sister and her 4 girls.

I think the kids swam every single day.
(This was the first summer Miles didn't use floaties for thee entire summer) 
They bounced between the pool and  hot tub for hours while sister and I sipped on LaCroix.
 

We gobbled up drumsticks and popcicles daily.


 We ventured out to Oak Glen.


 I just love that place.


The kids picked berries and ate berries, picked more and ate more.


 And somehow we came across a fun sac race for the kids.
All had a blast...they even got candy at the end.
win, win.

We also went to my brothers for endless amounts of entertainment.
He is hilarious.


The littlest babes jumped on his trampoline
and giggled as they jumped up and down.

 


We wanted to go camping, but time didn't allow it so the next best thing was to get out and go on a hike.
We went up to Forest Falls for an afternoon.
It was great.

 The stream was so clear and pretty crisp.


The shoes came off and the toes got wet!


The weather was perfect!


 And everyone was happy!


and then that fast they hugged us and left.
 I hate when our time together has to end.
I hate that we live on completely opposite sides of the country.
Oui, it hurts.
But it makes those reunions sweet.
We love you Boston, and are so happy you came to play with us.
(but now, we need to catch Miles up on sleep because he starts kindergarten in 2 days)

No comments: