February 5, 2019

Texas Trip Part I

(July 2018) 

Off to Texas we go!
We were supposed to go to Boston with my entire family this summer for our reunion but my nephew Greyson decided to get married.
So everyone flew to Texas for a wedding.
We went a few days early so we could spend time with the Stubbs before meeting up with my family.

The kids did great on the flight.
They really are good little travelers.
Lots of books, snacks, coloring and toys for entertainment.
We try really hard to NOT pull out the ipad until we are desperate for a movie.


We landed in Dallas and made our way to the Ethan and Amys where we were greeted with a birthday cake with 37 candles on it.
It just so happened to be my birthday on our traveling day.
After they sung me a great birthday song we left the kids with a babysitter and we went to a yummy dinner.


We went downtown Dallas to the Reunion Tower and it was DELICIOUS! 
It was so great to have a yummy fancy dinner with such great company. 


It was so hot and muggy all day every day.
The humidity was so bad and watching the kids swim was brutal. 
So we took turns being outside with Lane and taking him back inside to cool him off.


The kids loved the water!
We love that Miles is a confident swimmer now and he is floatie free.

And we love that Andie LOVES her floaties so much...otherwise we'd be in trouble.
We also love how fun she is in the water.
She doesn't hold back and lets the world know shes present!


If the kids weren't swimming they were fishing down at the bottom of the Stubbs property.
Miles really loves fishing and I swear that kid catches fish every time he fishes.

 In the evening the kids would cuddle up and watch a movie together.
Honestly my heart is more than happy when we are with our favorite friends.
I'll say it 100 times, we hate that they had to move so far.


Every night while the kids watched a movie we would play games and Lane would lay on the table in his boppie and just be perfect.



After a few days of so much fun we had to leave.
We cried..

we hugged...


and smiled and cried again!


We have such a sweet spot in our hearts for this family.
Romney and Ethan have been best friends since they were little boys.
Their babies were my babies for so long before mine came along.
We were sad to leave them but so excited to get back to Dallas to meet up with my whole family.
It has been years since all my siblings have been together all at once!
And I cant wait!

No comments: