November 19, 2009

Venice...

This my friends is St. Marks Chapel. The gold mosaics are indescribable. Every night here in St. Marks square there are 4 orchestras that all play amazing music. On our last night in Venice we stood in this square taking in one last moment of this trip. As we continued to eat our gelato one of the most beautiful songs ever written started to play by one of the orchestras. It is this song that is now playing on my blog that we heard. As the music started, I reflected on our whole experience in Venice.
I wanted to stay a little longer-
just to experience it all one more time...


... I wanted to walk through this arch way one more time to get to our hotel that was orange with green shutters. I wanted to see just how many shirts could hang dry in one day...


...I wanted to to go back to Murano Island to play for an afternoon. How fun to see blown glass, and window shop for things we couldnt afford...




...I wanted to see the reflections one more time...


...I wanted to wear make up in Venice for goodness sake...




...I wanted the chance to see more bright buildings on the water...



...I wanted to see my honey stand by this canal one more time showing off his new jeans...


...I wanted to see one more gondola parked bobbing in the water...


I needed one more sunset in VENICE!

As the song ended so did my wondering mind. I just wanted one more day. One more day of this amazing place. The novelty of Venice didnt disappoint. We loved our stay here. So many great things to see. Hand in hand we left St. Marks square a little sad that the trip was coming to an end but so happy for the opportunity we had to do it.
So we kissed and thanked each other for such a fun adventure...
and promised for more world travels...
lets just hope it isnt for heart mending...




You know your fairytale vacation has come to an end...
when THIS is your luggage:

One bag of clothes and one bag of Souvenirs.
This is our slap of reality...
welcome home!

8 comments:

Piper said...

At least you did not have to lug around a ton of baggage when you got into the airport, right? :) Glad you guys had such a great experience together!!

Carrie and Shane said...

I loved your photography! Thanks for sharing your trip with someone like me who only dreams of going to Italy. You are a really great writer!

Christine said...

Thanks for sharing your trip:) Love the pictures.

Kipn n' Sarah said...

That is SO CRAZY that you guys lost all your luggage and that those two bags were all you had on your way home.
I LOVE the photography, I love how you chose to blog this trip, I love your words, your places you went, the attitude you have, the things you stopped to photograph, and I LOVE that you just last minute booked this vacation and that it turned into one big success and memory!

JonandLo said...

That Romney...he should go into the photography business =) Love love the pictures. And hey, you got to buy all new stuff so you can get past the fact that you were in Venice makeupless! xoxoxo

Matt and Mel Odell said...

Did your bag get stolen or lost? I can't believe that, don't even know what I would do if that happened to me. I loved seeing all the pictures, maybe someday for our family when we are retired! We would love to see you guys around Christmas time, my mom moved right down the street from Diane. Let us know if you are in town.

Shannon said...

Oh I loved Venice too. When I think of Italy I think of Venice. What a romantic city, I remember the pink glow of the lights in the square. How fun to be with your sweetheart. I mean going with Kelli was fun but to be in love and in Venice would be hard to top.

everything pink! said...

oh how wonderful! the trip part not the stolen luggage part.