July 21, 2007

CHICAGO TRIP!!!!

So we went to Chicago! It was great. We filled our week up. We flew in Saturday Night and flew out Thursday afternoon.

Monday (7-16-07)we went on an awesome tour around and in between the city and finished the night up with a ball game. We took the L train and it was packed. Seriously the whole city goes to the games. There are Cub shirts everywhere you turn. The cub fans are awesome. It was an awesome old field. I have never seen anything like it.

Tuesday(7-17-07) we did the zoo.( Well it took us forever to get to the zoo because my brother could not parallel park to save us.) While there we peddled around a small lake too. That was pretty cool to be in the middle of the city and see the huge buildings behind tall trees while in a dinky boat. We played around in Lincoln Park. The kids loved chasing all the butterflies. We went and saw the play Wicked that night. It was amazing. I loved it. I would see it again. The theater was incredible. We took a taxi and that was pretty fun too.

Wednesday(7-18-07) we did Navy Pier. SO fun. The childrens Museum is there along with rides and shops. We ate at a Jazz resturant. Fun atmosphere. A lighting and thunder storm chased us out by the end of the night.

On our last(7-19-07) day Romney and I rode bikes around and went to a yummy Chocolate shop called Ethels. It was divine. Every time I go to Chicago I want to go there and I finally did. I think I sampled everything there. It was such a fun week to spend with my family. My dad and brother Derek and his family didnt make it out. We did miss them though. All the nieces and nephews and brothers and sister are great. It was awesome.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Erin- you are great! Cute pics! Lets get together again soon! Loved having you guys!

Jenn said...

HAPPY BELATED B-DAY ERIN DEAR! YOU ARE SO CUTE, LOVE THE SLIDE SHOW- YOU FINALLY GOT IT UP AND WORKING. YAY FOR YOU! :) LOOKS LIKE YOU AND ROMNEY HAD A BLAST ON YOUR TRIP... WE MISSED YOU ON SATURDAY AT THE B-DAY PARTAYYY.. WHEN ARE WE GOING TO HANG OUT AGAIN? LUV YA!

Anonymous said...

YAY, YOU FIGURED OUT THE SLIDESHOW,, WELL DONE. LOOKS LIKE YOU HAD A GREAT TIME, I HOPE YOU HAD A GREAT BIRTHDAY, WHICH IS WHAT DATE BY THE WAY? IM SO SORRY I DONT KNOW, MEMORY IS NOT MY FORTAY. (did i spell that right??) ANYWAY, HAPPY BELATED AND WAY CUTE BLOG!

megan&steve said...

I am so dang impressed on your technology skills. You made an awesome slideshow! Also... Happy Belated Birthday, I know you celebrated on your trip! I hope you are doing awesome!!!

? said...

Very cute, looks like you had fun. Are you guys coming to my shower this weekend?

Jenn said...

Thanks girlie! Chris said he didnt have a missed call from Romney- oh well we would have loved to hang. This weekend we are pretty booked, actually the next few weekends we are- Sean, Chris' brother just got home yesterday so its been pretty exciting! anyways we will catch up soon... maybe we will have to have a scrap night at Lyndzees again.

Heidi said...

Hey Erin, do you remember me? Its Heidi Holmes (now Shirley) just wanted to say hi. my cousin Becki told me that you guys had fun up at girls camp! just wanted to stop by and say HELLO! its been quite a while! take care!

Lacy Rane said...

What great pictures!! I just love seeing all the fam. I especially love what alison and tammy have done with their hair. (As if you and Ali didn't already look enough alike!) And the kids are the cutest as always. Glad you had such a great time. Keep thinking that I have got to get to Chicago . . . .