November 2, 2010

two weeks of puppy...

Oh this dog!
Where to begin with my love/hate relationship with Magnus...
Magnus is part of my "just be" regiment. (click here for regiment)

Now with a new puppy comes some PROS and some CONS.
We have talked about a dog for about a year but we still were not prepared for puppyhood...

Pros and Cons:
pro: he sits on command
con: he likes to chew
pro: he is learning to lay down on command
con: he eats his poop
pro: he lays on his bed and lets you pet him all night
con: he doesnt sleep in
pro: he runs like a bunny
con: we cant be gone too long..gotta get home to let him go potty.
pro: His ears flop everywhere
PRO: we can still lift him when he refuses to go in his crate
con: he farts
pro: he pees where we want him to pee (95% of the time)
con: we have a Petco membership card
Pro: he has the softest white patch on his chest
con: we shop in the Pet isle now...gulp
Pro: he's lazy and sleeps a lot
con: he thinks he's a lapdog....um NO!
Pro: he has beautiful eyes
con: when he is wired- HE IS WIRED
pro: he doesnt cry at night
con: he thinks every towel is a rag toy
Pro: We hang out with a puppy all day
con: He slops water on my wood floors after he drinks... CRINGE
con:I get NOTHING done!
pro: My mind is completely occupied...

OH Magnus!!
Our new little friend.
Notice I said friend and NOT baby.
I promise we wont be the annoying dog owners that think our dog is a baby.
We wont be calling our parents "grandparents" etc...
I Promise.
He is a dog and we know that.
He is a lot of work though.
I swear all we do all day everyday is PUPPY.
I can not wait for him to get all his shots so he can get out more.
We all need some space around here.

9 comments:

Piper said...

As soon as he does get his shots please bring him for a playdate!! I L O V E him.

Meagan Cooper said...

oh no, this post is making me rethink getting a little magnus of my own, i am sure you and rom will whip the little guy into shape!

Lacy Rane said...

That is a great list!

jayna said...

You totally just cured me of puppy-itis for at least five more years. Thank you!

But...he is so cute and funny! I know Great Danes are awesome dogs!

Alison said...

Two weeks of puppy love! Sounds like a fun time if you ask me! =) Glad you guys got him and can't wait to meet him in person...i hope soon. xoxo love you!

Emily said...

I soooo know how you feel. Going through that right now, exactly. We just made her an outside, but she still comes in a lot to be housetrained. Lots of work, lots of chewing, lots of nipping on the little kiddie arms too. We definitely aren't treating our puppy like a baby either. She probably hated us for the first two weeks of her life here because we were on her like fly on poop on everything, but now she is learning and life has gotten sooo much easier. We will have to do playdates when there shots are done for sure.

Heather and Dave said...

Magnus....he's totally a Magnus. Great name for an adorable doggie & FYI - rawhides make the farts even STINKIER. There are these meat treats, that come in like a plastic tube (similar to cookie dough, but not in the fridge...well not in the fridge till you open it at least) at the pet store. It's more healthy and you can slice it up, freeze half and keep the other slices in the fridge in a bag. They love the stuff and it's better for them too. Great training treats. Milk bones are also a favorite for our little Mocha.
P.s.-
So glad you're dog people and not cat people. HOORAY!

Jeana said...

oh he is so so cute!! puppies are a lot of work but great companions! good luck with the cons!

Aja Jenise said...

He is ABSOLUTELY BEAUTIFUL!! We have some friends with a full grown Dane and he STILL thinks he is a lap dog. We just got a Maltese and a poodle three months ago. It tickles me that I started talking about a baby... and Paul sent me to get myself a dog. Well... I got two! HAHAH!! I am looking forward to the lap dog time... well when Lily gets her pee'ing down to a T.


Look forward to reading more Erin!!